HEALTH & SAFETY
- Health & Safety Information
- All our products are manufactured from materials which comply with the stringent tests required by the industry including ( British Standards ) BS EN 71 (part 2 & 3) for Soft Play and the current BS/EN14960 for Inflatable's. All our materials are fully coated with flame retardant PVC specifically designed for the inflatable and soft play industry
- Annual Safety Testing
- The only legal requirement for the safety inspecting of bouncy castles and inflatables is to comply with The Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations 1998 (PUWER) This states that you must have an annual inspection carried out by a competent person. The HSE themselves do not and will not officially recommend any specific body. All they specify is if the test was carried out by a competent person and as such we use an independent competent inspector. As part of this testing, The tester must be able to demonstrate that the inflatable is manufactured in accordance with the latest BS/EN14960 Regulations, which ensures inflatables are safe in design and manufacture, are Flame retardant and fit for purpose as well as ensuring the inflatables are in a good state of repair.
- Risk Assessments
- Although not compulsory, it is strongly recommended that any person organizing an event undertakes a risk assessments of the entire site, especially if you are expecting a large number of excited attendees all in one area. A risk assessment will not eliminate the risks but will assist the organizers to identify any potential hazards and manage the risks accordingly.
- Adverse weather conditions
- Please bear in mind that all our items are weather sensitive. Inflatables being more sensitive than most. Our policy is that we will turn up regardless of the weather conditions and install the equipment as agreed, However safety is paramount and although items may be installed they may not be suitable for use during some conditions such as wind, rain and other potentially dangerous factors. We will not compromise on safety and our decision is final, regardless of loss of revenue or expense on your part. Please see Terms and Conditions for further details.
Please remember that inflatables shall not be used in wind conditions above 24mph and in wet conditions. The hirer will remain responsible for suitable action to be taken to avoid injury unless our staff have been provided to assist at an additional cost.